Ben Federico Freight provides secure storage, consolidation and staging services in its camera-monitored and alarm-equipped 15,000-square-foot warehouse.
Ben Federico customers store their goods in our secure and camera-monitored warehouse until they are ready for shipment. Because we value our client relationships, you are not charged for storage if you are consolidating freight for shipment in less than 30 days through Ben Federico.
You will find that our convenient location, truck-high loading docks, forklift services and fast response time provides you with the resources that you need to stage freight for shipment. Our wide loading dock provides space for sorting and organizing shipments.
We also accommodate customers that are staging shipments through other freight forwarders by providing warehouse, consolidation and trucking services.
Whether you need freight trucked locally, up the east coast or across country, Ben Federico coordinates and schedules truck-load and less-than-truck-load shipments for our clients.
Some of our clients prefer to save on shipping costs by having department store, Amazon.com, and other online orders shipped to our warehouse for consolidation and shipping. This saves them the expense of individual item shipments to Central America, South America and the Caribbean by hiring us to pack items in a larger box or palletizing for a single shipment shipment in a container.
Ben Federico offers competitive rates for loading and unloading containers, handling freight, work orders, overnight container security, long-term storage and other services. Please ask for our rate sheet and an explanation of any charges. We are comletely transparent in our charges so that you know your exact costs before retaining our services.
- Cartons from Fedex and UPS are delivered in bulk. Delivered items are separated and assigned a dock receipt for each shipping order. Deliveries from other carriers are exclusive deliveries per customer.
- Cartons, pallets, crates, etc., are weighed and measured and marked with dock receipt numbers. The dock receipts and packing lists are sent to the Ben Federico office for faxing and/or emailing to each customer.
- When packing lists are not available, labels are removed and faxed to the company that wants the good shipped (purchasing company) for review and sign off.
- Invoices are emailed or faxed to us from the purchasing company and attached to individual dock receipts.
- A loading list is prepared for each customer and a copy is sent to purchasing company for review and sign off.
- When the loading list is approved by the purchasing company, a scheduled booking is made for the appropriate sized container.
- Loading is staged based on weight and dimension of freight. Heavier pallets are always on the floor. Lighter cartons and other freight are loaded on top to facilitate putting all freight in the assigned container. Unusual-shaped freight is strapped and braced to avoid damage to other freight.
- Hazardous material must be approved and cleared by the shipping line 24 hours before it is loaded in a container.
- We accommodate all urgent shipments up to 10 a.m. the day of loading if documentation is received prior to the stated time.
Please note also that it takes approximately two to three hours for the delivery of each container and there is a two-hour minimum pick up window for each container from our location. Each container is loaded in a timely manner to accommodate each shipping line's 5 p.m. cut-off time on the day before the actual sailing.
Container Services and Types
- Full Container Load (FCL) contract
- Less Than Container Load (LCL) contract
- 20-foot, 40-foot, 40-foot high cube and 45-foot high cube
Warehousing: Receive • Document • Store • Package • Load • Ship